In conjunction with America Recycles Day, e-End has received the 2014 Business Waste Reduction and Recycling Award from the Frederick County Department of Solid Waste Management for their commitment to recycling and/or waste reduction strategies.
"In addition to our recent R2:2013 and ISO 14001 certifications, this award is another testament to our company's environmental stewardship efforts," said Arleen Chafitz, CEO of e-End.
Some of the efforts taken by our team to achieve increased recycling and waste reduction include:
- Reclaiming copy paper from copiers, printers and fax machines brought in for recycling.
- Reusing computers and other office equipment instead of buying new.
- Providing single-stream recycling bins throughout the office and warehouse.
- Reduce the amount of shrink-wrap used on pallets.
- Reuse cardbaord boxes for shipping.
The award was presented during the November 20th, 2014 meeting of the Board of County Commissioners.
In addition to e-End, the other organizations receiving this honor were:
- Frederick Veterinary Center, LLC
- Hallowood Retreat Center
- NaturaLawn of America, Inc
- Second Chances Garage, Inc
"These organizations serve as models, showing that waste reduction techniques and recycling programs can actually make good business sense," commented Cindy Johnson, Frederick County's Recycling Program Manager. "We extend our appreciation to these local leaders, recognizing that every individual effort made to waste less adds up to make a big difference and benefits our entire community."
For further information about waste reduction and recycling programs in Frederick County, MD, please visithttp://www.FrederickCountyMd.gov/recycle.