Has your company or office upgraded your IT equipment recently and are wondering what to do with your old equipment? You should especially be contemplating what to do with all
the hard drives and all the data stored in it. You are understandably concerned because there is confidential information stored in those Hard Drives. You ask yourself, what is the best way to secure all the data?
There are a number of options to secure the data on your hard drives which includes software erasure, degaussing and Hard Drive Shredding Services.
- Software erasure. A method of Sanitization by applying software designed to render target data recovery infeasible using state of the art laboratory techniques.
- Degaussing. Degaussing is to reduce the magnetic flux to virtual zero by applying a reverse magnetizing field. Degaussing consists of sticking a strong magnet on the hard drive so it no longer holds any data.
- Hard Drive Shredding Services. The third option is to physically destroy. Contrary to what some people believe, simply drilling through the Hard Drive or crushing it with a hammer does not destroy all the data. While it may render the drive inoperable, somebody with forensics experience may retrieve the data.
Techno Rescue, a Veteran-Owned and NAID AAA Certified company, offers Data Destruction services including on-site destruction with removal, serial number inventory and certificate of destruction.
We can destroy any quantity of hard drives, solid state drives, tapes, flash memory media storage devices (circuit boards, flash drives, PCMCIA cards, SD Cards, SIM cards), cell/smart phones, thumb drives and CD/DVDs with shredding, degaussers that are on the NSA Evaluated Product List (EPL).
On-site Data Destruction services include:
- Destruction of sensitive, confidential, and/or classified materials, with options to:1.a Shred
1.d Combine processes
- Complete audit trail and chain of custody
- Certificate of Insurance/Recycling/Destruction
Mobile Shredding On Your Premises
The entire destruction process can be witnessed and/or videotaped. The media will never leave your sight until it is completely destroyed. Locked security gates ensure additional protection and all of our trucks have GPS units permanently installed. Trucks are self-generated so no additional power is required.
Techno Rescue also provides onsite data center sanitization services using equipment and software specifically designed and optimized for high-capacity storage platforms.
After you completely destroy all the data, your next step is to legally and properly dispose of your old computer. Computers and monitors are hazardous waste and there are laws in most states that determine the proper way to dispose of them.
Techno Rescue will not only completely secure your Hard Drive and protect your data, but we will properly dispose of your old equipment.
We are Veteran-Owned and R2 Certified, which means we will responsibly recycle all your old equipment.Techno Rescue is a Veteran-Owned, Full Life-Cycle, Green IT Company specializing in IT Asset Disposition (ITAD), Electronics Recycling, IT Asset Management/Re-Marketing, Data Center Decommissioning and Secured Data Destruction.