e-End Joins Military, Business, Government and Educational Leaders at SMART PROC 2014
More than 400 science and technology leaders, 70 speakers and 42 exhibitors from government, business and academia gathered for the SMART PROC 2014 procurement and networking conference on Friday, November 14th at the FSK Holiday Inn in Frederick. Sponsored by the Strengthening the Mid-Atlantic Region for Tomorrow (SMART), the goal of the conference was to build stronger relationships, provide teaming partnerships and discuss upcoming procurement forecasts among industry, community, government, and academia.
Representatives from e-End had the opportunity to connect face-to-face with new prospects and current clients, and provide in-depth details about our data destruction and electronics recycling services
In addition to being a Bronze Exhibitor, e-End's President, Steve Chafitz, served as moderator for the morning work session "NIST Cyber Security Framework, SCRM and DFARS: Navigating Federal Regulation and Best Practices for Small Business".
During this session, attendees were provided with insight into best practices to guard data, assess risk and understand regulations which require prime contractors to require subs to report breaches of security, and handle data securely on unclassified contracts. The panel discussed current best practices to position a business in front of emerging regulations and best practices.
The members of the panel included:
- Jon Boyens
- Senior Advisor for Information Security, National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Former Cybersecurity Policy Advisor, Office of the Secretary - U.S. Department of Commerce
- Former Associate Director, Office of Technology and E-commerce, International Trade Administration
- Jon Williams
- Partner, PilieroMazza PLLC - Member of the Government Contracts Group
- 13 years of experience advising contractors on a wide range of government contracting matters and Federal Acquisition Regulation compliance
- Member, Small and Emerging Contractors Advisory Forum
- Mike Grieco
- Program Management Senior Manager, Vencore Inc.
- Military experience including Desert Shield and Desert Storm. Over 2300 flight hours in various US Navy aircraft
- Adjunct Educator - Johns Hopkins Universtiy, University of Maryland Baltimore and USNA
- Dr. Jacques S. Gansler
- Director, University of Maryland Center for Public Policy and Private Enterprise
- Professor and Roger C. Lipitz Chair in Public Policy and Private Enterprise, UMD
- Former Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics
- Former Assistant Director of Defense Research and Engineering (Electronics)
The SMART Congressional Initiative is the integration of regional science and technology activities for issues, events and projects among the SMART Congressional Delegation, the Federal Executive Branch DC HQs, international allies, state governments (DE, MD, NJ & PA) and regional technical, economic development and education/workforce development communities.